3rd OpenMP Users Conference - 1-2 December 2020 (UK/EU)
Although previously held in the UK as an in-person event we are delighted that going virtual has made it easier for our European colleagues to join in, and anyone else for that matter, but note all times are shown for GMT.
The event if FREE to attend, but registration is required. Visit https://ukopenmpusers.co.uk/ for more details.
Tuesday 1st December – Invited Tutorial
- OpenMP for Computational Scientists: From serial Fortran to thousand-way parallelism on GPUs using OpenMP, Presented by: Tom Deakin, Lecturer and Senior Research Associate, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol, UK
- Part 1 starts at 9:30 GMT, Part 2 starts at 1:30 GMT
- 13:00 Introduction
- 13:35 Automatic Generation of OpenMP for Weather and Climate Applications. Chris Maynard, Met Office
- 14:00 LB4OMP: A Load Balancing Library for OpenMP. Jonas Korndorfer, University of Basel
- 14:25 Short Break - Discussion
- 14:30 Hybrid Parallelisation Challenges in Complex CFD Application. Jamil Appa, Zenotech Ltd
- 14:55 Exploring Functional OpenMP Performance Across Arm Based Platforms. Phil Ridley, Arm
- 15:20 Best Practices for OpenMP on NVIDIA GPUs. Jeff Larkin and Tim Costa, NVIDIA
- 15:45 Short Break - Discussion
- 15:50 OpenMP 5.1 – Key Changes and Future Directions. Michael Klemm, President OpenMP ARB.
- 16:05 Panel Discussion