The OpenMP Forums are now closed to new posts. Please visit Stack Overflow if you are in need of help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/openmp
The group has extensive experience in developing the models which will be used in this project and their application for addressing a number of problems in extragalactic astrophysics. To address the aims of the project the PhD candidate will make extensive use of algorithmic and high performance computing techniques implemented and run on supercomputing facilities which are accessible by the AHPC group and gain experience in this area. The position is suitable for candidates with a background in Computing/Computer Science but also a background in Physical Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering.
For enquiries interested candidates should contact Dr Vicky Papadopoulou Lesta (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Andreas Efstathiou (email@example.com). The deadline for applications is 15th December 2015 and the application procedure is described at http://bit.ly/1OnyXHs.
• Very good university degree (Master or equivalent) in Computer Science or Physical Sciences or Mathematics or Engineering
• Solid skills in programming, software development and in algorithm design and analysis
• Very good mathematical background especially in numerical methods
• Self-motivation, team spirit and willingness to work in interdisciplinary projects
• Knowledge of parallel programming (in particular OpenMP) will be considered an advantage but is not a requirement